Thursday, August 21, 2014

Burn

The world burns away
With each passing moment
Friends leave,  trudging into the darkness
Never to return
Each blade of grass,  every petal
Withers as I watch,  unblinking

This is age,  I think
When memories must be laid to rest
Given their graves
Their private ceremonies
Their periods of mourning
This is age 

Among the carcasses of my past
I tread, forlorn
Digging deeper graves
Laying loss to rest

The world burns away, but
Burdened with the scars
I remain
Still as the night that burns me.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Don't stop writing Deesh! I miss your pieces.
Writing should move, inspire, and awaken something of yourself in you. Here is that very reason why I nominate and award you the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Congratulations! To read more about it, visit my post http://betweencupsofcoffee.blogspot.in/2014/12/now-i-have-to-continue-inspiration.html